Check DASC Out on Facebook
Buy All Your Soccer Gear From Soccer Pro
2011 - 2012 Academy Registration is NOW open!
Click to REGISTER
This program is intended for all players who seek individual soccer skills in a more structured environment.
The Objectives / Benefits:
- To provide quality coaching, DASC Staff, and curriculum to match the players’ ability.
- To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development, ball mastery (skills).
- To create a program for all players who seek individual soccer skills in a more structured environment.
- Licensed coaches assume the administrative duties and training of the players.
- Increased player confidence and passion through knowledge and skill.
- A good introduction to competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to competitive soccer.
DASC will work to create teams that are as equally balanced as possible in terms of overall strength and competitiveness. While this program is intended for players who are dedicated and are seeking more from their soccer experience, part of this development goes beyond soccer skills and includes character as well as competitiveness.
Forming teams is not an exact science and while DASC will do its best to make them equal, young players can sometimes be difficult to assess because they often lack consistency in their play and they also develop at different rates. If we find that there is a huge discrepancy in overall strength after forming teams, we will make appropriate adjustments to the roster to augment them accordingly.
It is important to remember that even though the players will be assigned to specific teams, this is a program and all players will train and learn together regardless of the team on which they are placed. Promoting a club rather than team focus will ensure, in the long run, that all our kids will continue to thrive in the best and most sustainable soccer programs and environments.
- There is no selection process in the Academy program.
- Each academy team will be assigned a licensed DASC staff coach and volunteer coach.
- Maximum roster size is 10 players; recommended roster size is 8 players.
- Academy players should strive to train twice per week during the season.
- Academy teams must train at least once per week in a group setting instead of training as a single team. This creates more diverse training environments and places the focus on the individual instead of the team
- The club has to work hard to educate their parents to ensure that parents sign up their child for the correct level of play (Academy vs. Recreational)
Why Choose Academy?
The difference between participating in an Academy program or recreational program lies in the level of investment, commitment, and interest among 8 and 9 year olds and their parents/guardians. The Academy is best suited for those who want a higher level of instruction and play. Academy players will tend to be more dedicated to the game, the ball, and their individual and collective development.
An academy player would have one or more of the characteristics listed below. The following characteristics should help guide a family’s decision as to whether their child plays academy or recreational.
However, it should be noted that during a player’s soccer development they may move back and forth between academy and recreational play.
- Demonstrates sound technical skills (control, dribbling, and shooting)
- Physically stronger than most players within their age group
- Athletically quicker than most players within their age group
- High level of coordination and good agility
- During games is aggressive in their attitude and approach to getting involved
- During games tends to dominate the play
- Demonstrates high level of focus and concentration during practices and games
- Soccer is a high priority
- Practices with a ball in their own time outside regular schedule of games & practices
- U10 player who will try-out for the U11 competitive age group in the following year
Academy 2011 / 2012 Soccer Year:
We are going to offer some different options for the season including a New Full Year option. The full year option will be $475 and run from August 1st – June 30th. It will include all of your Fall Training, Indoor Winter Training, Spring Training, Fall and Spring League Games, and a uniform shirt. Using this option you will save $210.00 over registering for each season separately.
We will still offer Seasonal play for the following amounts:
- Fall - $175
- Winter I - $150
- Winter II - $150
- Spring - $175
You will need to purchase a jersey for the league games. Amount - $25 to $35 dollars
**Plus team tournament registrations, hotel, gas and coaching travel (including mileage, lodging and meals)expenses
*** For each registered participant families must donate two volunteer hours to a DASC sponsored event each season.
You will have until July 15th to register online and we will begin training on August 1st.
Link for Registration
Please let me know if you have any questions.
DASC Academy Director/U11 Competitive Girls Coach
Mobile – (605)261-2604